Lonely Planet’s Vietnamese Phrasebook & Dictionary is your passport to the most relevant Vietnamese phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Order your coffee with authority, bargain like a pro at the market, and know what you’re eating from street stalls, all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet’s VietnamesePhrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organized by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features
- Listen For – phrases you may hear
- Look For – phrases you may see on signs
- Basics – time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical – travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social – meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel – emergencies, police, doctor, pharmacist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food – ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s VietnamesePhrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Ben Handicott
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages.
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)