The only guidebook for the Walker’s Haute Route with Real Maps: 1:25,000/1:50,000 mapping included for each stage. This makes navigation easy and saves you money: no need to buy additional maps.
– Unique Itinerary Planner: plan a bespoke itinerary to match your ability and vacation schedule. All difficult calculations of time, distance and altitude gain are done for you
– 6 Proposed Itineraries of between 10 and 14 days
– Everything the trekker needs to know to plan the route: route descriptions, costs, budget, difficulty, weather, how to get there, and more
– Full accommodation listings: spectacularly situated mountain huts, villages and hamlets
– Complete list of every camping location, including free campsites
– Section on Zermatt day walks
– 13 exciting variants to the main route
– Information for both self-guided and guided trekkers
– Edge to edge colour: the most modern and beautiful TMB guidebook
The Walker’s Haute Route is an incredible trek between the two most famous mountain towns in the Alps. Travelling from Chamonix in France to Zermatt in Switzerland, you will start at Mont Blanc and finish at the Matterhorn. On the way, pass the largest collection of snowy 4000m summits in the Alps: Mont Blanc, Grand Combin, the Weisshorn, the Zinalrothorn, the Dom, the Taschhorn, the Breithorn and the Matterhorn, to name a few.
The sister trek to the Tour du Mont Blanc crosses unspoilt and remote mountain terrain: amazing glaciers, snow frosted summits, beautiful valleys and pastures, shimmering lakes, carpets of wild flowers and the soothing sound of cow bells. This trek should be on your hiking bucket list.
– 10-14 days
– 14,000m of altitude gain
– 12 mountain passes
– 2 countries, France and Switzerland